Saturday, April 13, 2019

Rain drop





Rain Drop

Rain drop yesterday, I was on the tremulous petal,
and today I am the color of its diaphanous skin.

Wet kiss I was yesterday on your lips,
and today I am sweat on his tired countenance.

In your glass you have drunk me oft times,
and today you discard me as useless.

I hurry over the rocks
in mountain streams,
in torrents I fall over the earth;
I feed as well the tree and the microbe,
the bird and the rose,
and I lie down at the bottom of the sea.

In a plastic bottle you lock me up,
you waste me, pollute me and infect me,
then you cleanse me and reuse me.

I am the vehicle of everything that lives,
I am the support of all life,
I glide the throbbing vessel of your veins,
and I drive the sap of the plants,
I nourish myself to nourish your cells,
I disappear and come back,
I flow liquid and I freeze,
and then I evaporate,
I carry in my bosom the memory of everything,
I remember the saint and the villain,
every kiss, every crime, every hand,
I carry forever their mark.

I am memory of history and your past,
I come subtly, and in torrents I fall
over everything that exists on this earth.
Don’t you see me in the fibers of your heart?
Don’t you feel me running in your chest when you worry?
Am I not in the emotion of your happiness?
Am I not the vigor of your beloved when you enjoy?
Who are you without me?

I watch over you every second, every hour,
Without me, your time is up.
I am the love that sustains you,
but if you don’t take care of me or pay attention,
the life of your veins is extinguished,
the flower, the cocoon and the chrysalis will die,
the bird will not fly, will not sing,
the colors will die,
and the voices of the children will silence.
I love you, do you love me?
Come and let us together enjoy the miracle of life.

No comments: