Friday, February 12, 2010

Austinians freeway solidarity

I amaze at the solidarity of Austinians in the freeway. I spent 75 minutes to go from Round Rock to downtown Austin today. Why? Simple solidarity, I call it. A car had had an accident on the entrance ramp from 183 into I35 and the police was present. So, everybody else drove at -5 miles an hour just to take a look at the scene. Nice, the public was regretting not having the TV handy, and very happy to be able to watch live!
I remember a couple of months ago when there was a building fire by the I35 freeway and the traffic had slowed down from Round Rock on going south at rush hour. Everybody felt so much solidarity with the owner and inhabitants that they have to slow down to take a little look at the fire and/or what was left from the house!
Yes, I agree, everything in Austin is so... weird!

No comments: