Saturday, April 1, 2017

Doors


Doors

I come from a shadow world 
groping my way,
hitting my head, stumbling around,
sometimes slowly, often running,
in the hope of seeing 
a little light at the end of the tunnel.
From time to time, I hum my old saying,
“Don't look for freedom
beyond your fences,
don't seek beyond anymore
it is all inside you.”
But one day I heard that song 
and sang it for the first time.
Then you've arrived slowly,
also blind like me, 
I understood you, you understood me.
without even knowing,
I was at the door where the light blinds the eye,
you called me, I answered,
and the Door opened wide, 
I called you, you answered,
and you too were there, ready to cross the threshold,
each with our own light beam,
you saw your path, 
I found mine.

~ o ~

Dicté

Je viens d’un monde sombre 
où je marchais à tâtons
en me cognant la tête, en me cassant les pieds,
parfois lentement, souvent en courant
avec l’espoir de voir 
une petite lueur au fond du noir.
Je chantonnais de temps en temps ma vieille chanson,
“Ne cherche pas la liberté 
au-delà de tes frontières,
ne cherche plus au-delà
parce qu’elle est entièrement dans toi.”
Mais un jour je l’ai entendu 
et l’ai chantée pour la première fois.
Alors je t’ai vu arriver lentement,
toi aussi, aveugle comme moi, 
je t’ai compris, tu m’as compris.
Sans même savoir,
j’étais à la Porte où la lumière aveugle,
tu m’as appelée, j’ai répondu,
et la Porte s’est ouverte de par en par, 
je t’ai appelé, tu as répondu,
et toi aussi tu étais là, prêt à franchir le seuil d’argent,
chacun avec son rayon de lumière,
tu as vu ta route, 
j’ai trouvé la mienne.


Picture by William Colsher, Quadrifrons Arch of Janus


No comments: