Sunday, April 23, 2023

Your Smile



"And you can tell everybody this is your song

It may be quite simple but now that it's done

I hope you don't mind

I hope you don't mind that I put down in words

How wonderful life is while you're in the world."

From Your Song

Music by Elton John

Lyrics by Bernie Taupin 

When the sun smiles at the earth

Life springs in technicolor.

When you smile,

A cascade of pearls and stars

Comes down singing to my heart.


In a way, your smile is a life-giving sun

That can light the world around you,

That can beat my moodiness

And lighten my load today.


I thank you for your smiling

When you're happy or excited,

But even more those times when

You don't feel like it, 

When your mind is heavy with worries

In rough times,

Or rainy days,

Those sad occasions when they deceived you,

Disappointed you,

Abandoned you, or made you mad....

And you smiled still...


I just want you to know that

My day is lighter and brighter

When your smile sparkles in your eyes,

Plays in your hands, floats in your words,

And dances in your walk.


Your smile is a precious gem to treasure

Has no price, but makes you richer,

With friends 'cause it's the key to their hearts;

With life 'cause it's good to your health;

With beauty 'cause it softens your wrinkles!


And if you're ever troubled by life's thunderstorms,

Some rocks on the road,

Those moody mornings,

Or the scratches from the past,

Handle them with a smile in your heart!

Because life is too short and hard

To take it seriously.

Because money, things and people

come and go too easily,

Because all is left in the end is You...

So, smile! 😄





No comments: