Sunday, April 14, 2019

In the Womb of Time

Peter K. Burian


Down the dark tunnel to the womb of time,
forget the senses of your body,
let go of pain, let go of joy,
find the teacher who will guide your soul
even further down to your essence.


Follow the path your elders had traveled and known.
They are there, by the river of life,
in the woods, up the mountains they went,
across the plains and the oceans they'd gone.
in the forever migrations of old.


There's your brother, your sister, your mother and dad.
Do you recognize them all?
Dare to go, visit them,
ask them that question nobody else is able to know the answer for. 
See their faces, their hearts and their souls.
Dare to go, visit them,
you may even find me, when I was one of yours, or just yours.
I may even find you
We may chat, we may learn from each other
the whats, the whys and the hows.

Why can't you understand me today?
What had you done, what had I done then?
How had I felt, what had I thought?
How deep was my pain, how great was your joy?
Why had I chosen that path?
Why had we parted our ways?

You see what had happened that day,
you can feel what was felt,
and think what was thought.
You can even relive that experience so old
and come back with a clearer insight
of the reason you're wounded this time. 

Hidden memories of so long ago
awoke the inner eye and explained
why this now is hurting so bad.
This meaning is mending my heart,
and your wound from that pain of the past.

You cry now, I do too, but it is just the joy;
we've been freed from that burden so old,
our walk becomes lighter, 
and Love has softened our voice. 












No comments: