Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Sunlight trip


Sunlight Trip

The Macachín flower


Golden and warm, 
the Sun came up today
even though the air's so cold,
its light & comfort
took me back to the childhood fields
of the countryside in my home country.

A soft silence rose up from the earth
soaked with the last rain,
coming up in tears of life and green,

Now like then, the great kiskadee
greets me flying over my head
and I say 'bienteveo'.

It's a time of soul search, 
finding answers to many questions.
The sunlight closes my pupils 
but opens my mind to the insights.
I see the roads taken
I see their textures, the mud and the rocks,
I see the sceneries,
remember walking here and there,
so many walks, so many roads,
and different places. 

The Sun now at the Zenith
shines bright. I see clearer, 
how much love I received,
most of the way.

Rain Lilies


There were thistles and roses with thorns, 
but there were wildflowers and pansies;
though my favorite were macachines 
and rain lilies.

My inner child is happy now,
I can still sing along the childhood songs
that made us dance around
holding hands, in sunny days.

I am happy now...

No comments: