Friday, October 17, 2008

Trees in the wind

Have you seen how the trees handle the wind? What an uninvited company! It comes unexpected and probably unwanted. It bends them over, shakes them from root to top, brushes their branches sometimes bare. They take it so naturally, and let it go thru easily. They stand whole and endure it. They come out stronger, they renew later and regrow.
Things come to life the same way, expected or not, wanted or not. I got some strong winds lately. At first I protected myself, resisted, try avoiding it. Of course, It did not work. I discovered that the key is learning from the trees to accept it, take it with integrity, let it shake you thru, and let it do. I'm still working at standing whole under this wind. So far so good though. This also will pass... maybe... one day. This is a loving wind : will make me stronger, help me renew and grow from inside out. Especially because It makes me feel alive and flowing in life.

No comments: