Saturday, October 18, 2008

Yellow butterflies in Austin

This may sound much of poetry for some. By the way my purpose for the racing turtle blog is to show that there is beauty everywhere, anywhere. Most of us need to find the eyes to see it. I learned this trying to overcome my tendency to always see the negative part of life. How the stock market falls and is about to break, how moody you are today, why have you done this to me and that sort of observations, always the bad part of life. Instead I'm learning to appreciate the fact that I have enough air to breath, the sun comes up every day even when I don't see it. Get it? Things that we really need to live, and we do not lack. Sometimes I focus on my loneliness when I am just alone, but not really. See, I found geckos in my house, and I strongly believe that they keep me company. Years ago I couldn't conceive that the simple things of life could make me happy, but I strongly believe it now.
Today I enjoyed a gorgeous day in Austin. The sun, the temperature, the wind were perfect. I went to my favorite park and lied on the grass like the Little Prince waiting for his friend the fox. A few ants kissed me, a squirrel came sniffing, a dragonfly fluttered around a bush, and then I saw them: the yellow butterflies all over. It was life in paradise! I was lying uphill by the creek bed, so I lay downhill and let all my blood run to my head. Then I wanted to fly my kite that I always carry in my car's trunk.
And I ask myself if other people enjoy things like that, or am I a weird bug?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, Pukavyporá you are not the only one who enjoys all the blessings of life, but sadly, so many of us lose that child-like outlook in adulthood. You are so fortunate to have re-captured it. More folks would be happier if they didn't take life so seriously all the time, as you do.