Wednesday, October 22, 2008

turtle in its own right


I’m a turtle, all right,
All you see is just outside
Nice colors, well combined, nicely designed,
often like any other rock by the road,
The sun shining on my back
Because it’s so cold inside.
Of course there’s where I hide
And only come out when it’s safe
moving slowly but steadily,
enjoying every moment of the ride,
observing all details of the landscape.
Occasionally some people messed me up
And put me upside down;
That was the hardest times trying to get back on my feet.
Thank mother Turtle for the flip back, cool!
I’m back up and racing,
with plenty of time to hear the birds sing,
the water flow, the trees whisper,
the gravel crunch tiredly under my feet,
to watch the feet of the oblivious passing byers,
the still road signs talking to me,
to see your eyes looking at me from your high tower.
Mine’s a race for wisdom, the slower, the better.
“Seeing and learning–my grandma used to say,
from people’s ways."
truth is that learning and wisdom only comes from inside,
that’s why I go there often, and for a while, hide but not idle.
A brewing race –I’d say.
Sorry, mine is no competition.
May we share the spot sometime?
I delight in company!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

beautiful. mom, i love you.