Monday, November 17, 2008

metamorphosis



Uprooted and family deprived, I turned onto a spiritual experience quest through yoga practice. Even though many people practice yoga as a physical fitness program that will also help them to keep healthy –which is true-, it is also true that yogis invented this “technology” to help them develop the necessary preparation to be one with the divinity, the higher consciousness or creative power. Under this light, yoga practice is much more than physical exercise. I’ve proven it.

During the more than three years of practice, I’ve undergone a transformation. It started at the physical level with the healing of some chronic dis-eases I used to have, but then, there was a turning point when in my path of an always increasing consciousness, I realized my inconsistencies and inner contradictions and felt the need to be consistent, to become true to myself and to God. I had a personal life crisis, long and painful, but worth it. I decided that I couldn’t continue to hold my values true and keep acting and living under a different set of unconsciously imposed principles that were directing my decisions like a preset computer program. I was becoming aware! As a consequence, I had to make major & painful changes in my life, more painful than sciatica and muscle sore. I recently was told that I have a younger look. My body probably changed too, but the most important rejuvenation went on inside; I feel light and open to the world like pollen in the wind.

Last month I wrote of my concern with spiritual discernment (“see what you can” October 23, 2008) and being able to identify truth. I realized how much influence emotions have on our perception of the world around us. Then I decided to work on clearing this problem too, and was advised on a certain meditation that I practiced for 40 days. This was my most recent amazing metamorphosis. Becoming aware (or conscious) is comparable to clearing the lake waters to a transparent state that allows us to see through a limpid lens. Then we are able to see what’s at the bottom and in detail. Unfortunately, this is not a state you attain and “you got it!” Although it’s nice to have a taste of how it works and the experience of using it, you need to work hard to retain this ability, practice, practice, practice! It seems that’s the way it is with all the good things in life. Let’s say: love; some people seem to think that love between two people come naturally, well… no!, it’s 100% sweating (conscious) work; one need to make it happen, being aware, making the right decisions and staying focused on creating the kind of love one wants. It doesn’t come out of the blue.

Here are some of the changes that I’ve experienced so far:

I overcame my uprooting by learning to ground myself physically, trust mother earth to sustain me, and realizing that God is in charge of my life. I know that He gives me exactly what I need to develop myself, and become what I am supposed to be. My favorite is tree pose, it proves me that I have roots and gives me the balance I need.

I overcame my lack of a partner by learning to redirect my creative power to project myself to the world in a compassionate offering. I feel good vibrations wherever I go, in all I do. And... after many years of planning on it, I can finally write. I was amazed that even some poetry came out!

I am overcoming my insecurities by developing a stronger life will for action instead of reaction. I go out and just do what it takes to be me!

I am learning to tune my heart with the truth and act from the love center. It helps me see others not for what they seem to be, but beyond into their true infinite being. Since we are essentially the same substantial creation, we are in truth one with and from God. So, Love is the true working line of connection.
Just these accomplishments, have made me a happier person. I feel I can take my circumstances and turn them for my good. I come from feeling absolutely powerless, denied, rejected, unwanted, zeroed, to having the sense of strength and endurance necessary to go on, no matter what. My heart is full of gratitude for it!

1 comment:

Artie said...

wow mom you have really developed. i'm glad that you are at peace.