Friday, November 28, 2008

time for some gratitude




I'm grateful for the privilege to have raised my children,
grateful for my own life, for the privilege of being,
for the experiences I've faced along the way,
the good, the great, the bad and the ugly,
all taught me something, and gave me the happiness
I enjoy today.

I'm grateful for inspirational music of all sorts,
for exquisite talents and spirits such as
Joan Manuel Serrat, Elton John, and Quantz,
Mozart, Piazzola, and Markama,
Santana, Julio Sosa, Queen,
Domingo, D'Arienzo, Yupanki,
Zitarrosa, Mecha Sosa, and la Parodi,
Paco de Lucía, Denver, Zupay...
I'm grateful for all the people
that have crossed my path,
for what they've given me
without even noticing, without even charging me.
I'm grateful for the country where I was born,
because it made me the way I am,
It's a place of peace, quiet, much water and green,
of solidary people who have all the free time
to listen and talk while drinking maté.
I'm grateful for the open doors
that let me go and come, fly away to far countries,
and always want to return home.
I'm grateful for the beauty of the world,
for reverence, for God,
and the wings of my soul.

No comments: